TOP 10 PARADE TIPS TO KEEP PARADE
1) Pick-up your parade number at the Chamber office by 5pm today, if not picked up by 5pm then numbers will be available for pickup at 3rd & Main St. (The Carriage House)
2) The parade number goes on the passenger door – the judges will be sitting at the Heritage Pavilion.
3) When the parade starts moving, if you are in a car/truck/float, leave a couple of car lengths between you and the entry in front of you so the parade doesn’t get bunched up and go so fast that attendees cannot enjoy the parade.
4) When your parade entry passes the Judges/Announcers table – please drive slowly and even pause so the judges can get a look and the announcer can make the remarks provided.
5) If your entry is in front of the high school, please do not enter at 6th street and drive down to 10th. Try to enter from the cross street you will be at.
6) Don’t be late! Parade line-up starts any time after 5 pm. The closer you get to 6:00 pm, the more congested the street becomes.
7) Be sure to wave big – the crowd loves it when you interact with them.
8) Kids LOVE candy!
9) Have fun! We are so glad you have entered the parade.
The route for this parade: Parade starts at 3rd & Main St. in front of the Carriage House, goes south on Main to Skubitz Plaza, turns northwest towards National Ave., left on National Ave. then south on National back to 3rd Street, ending at Memorial Hall.
This year the Mayor’s tree will already be lit and there will not be a formal ceremony for the lighting of the tree following the parade, no visits with Santa, crafts or prizes. We hope everyone enjoys a longer parade route this year! Santa will be at Clark Street Lights this Saturday from 5 to 8pm for visits, 753 Clark Street, and at G & W Foods on Saturday, December 12th from 12-3pm.