JOB FAIR TO BE HELD TUESDAY, APRIL 24TH IN FORT SCOTT
The Fort Scott Area Chamber of Commerce will be hosting a Job Fair on Tuesday, April 24, 2018, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Ellis Fine Arts Center on the campus of Fort Scott Community College, 2108 S. Horton St.
Fort Scott employers currently registered to attend include Briggs, City of Fort Scott, Firstsource Solutions, Medicalodges, Mercy Hospital, Niece Products, Peerless Products, Presbyterian Village, Russell Stovers Chocolates of Iola, Southeast Kansas Mental Health, Timken, Tri-Valley Developmental Services and WK Holdings (Ward/Kraft, Inc. and Fort Scott Munitions). KANSASWORKS will have a booth on employer and job seeker resources and Fort Scott Community College Phi Theta Kappa will be offering soft skills tips on interviewing, resume writing, and more.
Positions employers will be hiring for are include those shown below:
- Briggs of Fort Scott: Full-time Sales, Full-time Service Techs, Full-time Service Advisors, and Full-time Sales Managers
- City of Fort Scott: Police Officer and Seasonal Park Laborer
- Firstsource Solutions: Full-time Claims Examiners and Full-time Call Center Representatives
- Medicalodges, Inc.: Certified Nurse Aides, Certified Medication Aides, Licensed Nurses, and Dietary Aides
- Mercy Hospital: Clinical and non-clinical positions including Food Service staff and Nurses
- Niece Products: Skilled Mechanics, Welders, and Painters
- Peerless Products, Inc.: Full and Part-time Process and Production Engineer, Project Manager, Assembly 1st Shift, Press or Saw Operator 2nd Shift, and Part-time Mechanical and Plastic Engineer
- Presbyterian Village: Full-time Certified Nurse Aide, Full-time Certified Medication Aide, Part-time Certified Nurse Aide, Part-time Licensed Practical Nurse, and Part-time Registered Nurse
- Russell Stovers Chocolates, Iola (all full-time): Utility Operator, Material Handler, General Mechanic, Electronics Technician, Service Workers, Lead, Production Supervisor, Plant Scheduler, and Training Coordinator
- Southeast Kansas Mental Health Center: Full-time Adult Case Manager (Bourbon County), Full-time Chemical Abuse Counselor (Neosho County), Part-time Children’s Aides for after-school and summer program
- Timken SMO, LLC: Maintenance Technician off-shift
- Tri-Valley Developmental Services: Full and Part-time Residential Service Specialist
- WK Holding Co., Inc.: Ward/Kraft Production Operators, Sales Reps for both Ward/Kraft and Fort Scott Munitions, Shipping Clerk for Fort Scott Munitions
Job seekers are encouraged to dress for success, bring copies of a resume, and be prepared to connect with employers. Attendees may enter a drawing for a door prize of $50 in Chamber Bucks that may be used at over 50 Chamber member businesses. Contact the Chamber for more information on having an employer booth at 620-223-3566 or email email@example.com.