The Fort Scott Public Library staff have created a new program, and will begin registering participants for it today.
The following describes the program and invites readers to sign up.
Submitted by Valetta Cannon
Youth Librarian & Assistant Director
Fort Scott Public Library
WALK INTO BOOKS, BOURBON COUNTY!
Fort Scott Public Library & The Healthy Bourbon County Action Team invite you to walk the Yellow Brick Road with us! Introducing a walking contest for all ages & fitness levels.
• Record your daily step counts through the Reader Zone
• Connect with teammates & compete against other teams
• Earn a free pedometer & t-shirt just for signing up (while supplies last)
• Each member of the winning team will earn a free book & may earn coupons or gift cards from local businesses
• Reception & book club meeting after the contest ends for all participants
• A Story Stroll along Main Street, with story panels in the shop windows will provide extra motivation to walk & read
Register here: https://forms.gle/
The contest begins June 15! Open to everyone & free. If you need help using the technology, come to the library for help or send an email to [email protected].
Bronson residents can sign up at Bronson Public Library and receive their t-shirt & pedometer there. Hedgehog.INK! will also provide registration forms.
Sponsors include Hare & Crow Barbershop & Mercantile and After Affect Salon. If you’re interested in sponsorship opportunities, please email Valetta Cannon at the above address.
This program is made possible in part by a dream grant from the Southeast Kansas Library System.