Monday, August 22, 2022
Members of the USD 234 Board of Education met at 5:30 p.m. on Monday, August 22, 2022, for a special board meeting at the board office.
President Danny Brown opened the meeting.
The board heard a presentation of the revenue neutral recommendation from Gina Shelton, Finance Director/Board Clerk. The revenue neutral hearing was held. One patron addressed the Board.
The board heard a presentation of the budget from Superintendent Destry Brown and Mrs. Shelton. The budget hearing was held. There were no patrons that addressed the Board.
The board went into an executive session for personnel matters.
The board approved the following items at the meeting:
- Resolution 22-07 – Expressing the Property Taxation Policy of USD 234 with respect to exceeding the Revenue Neutral Tax Rate
- Approval of the 2022-23 Budget with the Building Needs Assessment and State Assessments having been provided to and evaluated by the Board of Education as used in the budget approval process
- Resolution 22-08 – Local Option Budget Percentage to use in 2022-23 Budget
- Approve revision of calendar
- Tiger Families – Students will not attend on September 19th so that the district can have a professional development day to focus on safety and training. Students will attend on May 1st
- Approve MOU with Greenbush for special education director
- Personnel Report – following
President Danny Brown adjourned the meeting.
PERSONNEL REPORT – APPROVED EMPLOYMENT
- Leave of Absence – Tim Coyan, FSPC Van Driver
- Leave of Absence – Gordon Harris, Eugene Ware/FSPC custodian, Aug. 18 to Sept. 18, 2022
- Resignation – Tamara McReynolds, Eugene Ware paraprofessional
- Resignation – Cole Claypool – FSMS paraprofessional
EMPLOYMENT/REASSIGNMENTS – FOR THE 2022-23 SCHOOL YEAR
- Tyler Slinkard – FSHS speech/debate/forensics teacher
- Carrie Elton – FSHS paraprofessional
- Lisa Tally – FSMS paraprofessional to FSMS ISS teacher aide
- Lyle Brittain – FSMS paraprofessional
- Lindsey McNeil, FSMS paraprofessional
- Kayla Purdy – Winfield Scott paraprofessional
- Ashley Wolf – Winfield Scott paraprofessional
- Cho Hillman – Winfield Scott 6.5-hour cook
- Shanna Staton, FSPC paraprofessional (half-time)
- Katren Rienbolt – FSHS Assistant Cross Country Coach
- Jon Barnes – FSHS Assistant Girls’ Golf Coach
- Jamie Bloomfield – Eugene Ware paraprofessional
- Karleigh Schoenberger – Eugene Ware paraprofessional
- Angel Harper – Eugene Ware paraprofessional
- Makayla Vincent – Eugene Ware paraprofessional