4-Year Old Preschool
USD 234 in partnership with New Generation is offering a preschool/daycare opportunity for qualifying 4-year old students.
Students will attend preschool geared toward kindergarten readiness for half-day sessions and have the opportunity to also get half-day daycare provided.
For qualifying students, meals and transportation to and from New Generation will be available upon request.
This program is being offered through a grant and will come at no cost to the families who participate.
All students must be 4 years old on or before August 31.
If you can answer yes to any of the following questions, then your child may be eligible:
1. Does your child qualify for our free and reduced lunch program?
2. Are you a single parent?
3. Have you been referred through DCF?
4. When your child was born, was either parent a teen?
5. Is either parent lacking a high school diploma or GED?
6. In the home, is the main language used not English?
7. Does the family qualify as migrant status?
8. Does the child have lower than expected developmental progress, but is not currently receiving special education services?
Applications are available for pickup at New Generation or the USD 234 Board of Education office. If you have further questions, please contact Andrea Scott at [email protected] or call 620-223-8965 and leave a message.