Members of the USD 234 Board of Education met on Monday, January 13, at the Board of Education office for their regular monthly meeting.
President David Stewart opened the meeting. The board approved the official agenda. The board also approved the consent agenda as follows:
- Bills and Claims
- Payroll – December 19, 2019 – $1,400,799.51
- Financial Report
- Bond Proceeds Reconciliation
- Activity Fund Accounts
Gary Elliott, with Benchmark, Inc., gave a roof projects update to the board. Stephanie
George, KNEA President, presented a report.
Superintendent Ted Hessong welcomed the new board members and shared the following information:
- January 6 professional development day activities
- State Debate Tournament at Fort Scott High School and Fort Scott Middle School on January 17
- Accreditation information
- Advocacy in Action, Greenbush Superintendent Forum, BOLD training, Council of Superintendents meetings
- Legislative information
Gina Shelton, Business Manager, discussed roof bids.
Board members approved the following items:
- Roof payment
- Election of officers and meeting dates to take place at the July 2020 organizational board meeting
- Employee Physical Activity policy
Board members shared comments and then went into executive session to discuss personnel matters for nonelected personnel and returned to open meeting. The board then went into executive session to discuss matters relating to employer-employee negotiations. The board returned to open meeting and approved the following employment items:
- Retirement of Marge Madison, high school treasurer/secretary, effective June 30, 2020
- Retirement of Vicki Kruger, middle school paraprofessional, effective January 7, 2020
- Leave of absence request from Angela Christy, Winfield Scott paraprofessional
- Employment of Tyler Bell as high school assistant wrestling coach for the 2019-20 school
The board adjourned.