Fort Scott Community College hosted the 37th Annual Spring Rodeo on March 9-11.
The rodeo took place in the indoor Arnold Arena and featured 25 Kansas and Oklahoma two-year and four-year colleges competing for a variety of titles.
FSCC men’s team won the rodeo with the following results.
- Cory Brown won 2nd in the average in the bareback riding.
- Russell Redden won 4th in the average in the bareback riding.
- Trenton Burd won the long round and the average in the saddle bronc riding.
- Matthew Swaim won the short round and 3rd in the average in the saddle bronc riding.
- Zach Oestmann won the long round and 3rd in the average in the team roping.
- -Wyatt Miller won 4th long the long round and 4th in the average in the team roping.
- Zach Oestmann won 5th in the average of the calf roping.
“Our kids competed extremely well and presented themselves as professionals, we are very proud of them and the production that they put on,” Rodeo Coach Chad Cross said. “Thank you to our school and community for all of the support, we appreciate everything!”