The festival will be packed full of holiday cheer, events, shopping, and activities for all ages with aspirations to be a destination for an Old-Fashioned Christmas.
The weekend will kick off with the
“Candy Land Christmas” Parade of Lights
on Thursday, November 30th at 6pm,
followed by the Lighting of the Mayor’s Christmas Tree, Music by St. Mary’s School Choir,
Holiday Fireworks, and Pictures with Santa inside
Be the Light Boutique at 12 N. Main St.
Click here to enter the parade by 1pm on 11/27!
Events taking place on BOTH Friday and Saturday,
December 1st and 2nd, include:
• 42nd Annual Candlelight Tours, Fort Scott National Historic Site, Fri. 6:30-9pm, Sat. 5-9pm
• Downtown Business Christmas Tree Decorating Contest, cast your vote @ the Courtland, your vote will also enter you in a drawing for prizes!
• The Artificers 7th Annual Christmas Show, Fri. 5-9pm, Sat. 10am-9pm, Sun., 12-5pm
• Downtown Stores Open Late for Shopping, until at least 8pm each night
• Crooner’s Outdoor Patio decorated for photo opportunities, open to the public Fri.-Sun.
• Nativity Showcase, First United Methodist Church, Fri. 5-8pm, Sat.10am-2pm
• Holiday Market Booths at Wall & Main St., Friday 6-10pm, Saturday 12-10pm
• Carriage Rides departing from the Depot, 6-10pm each night
• Firepits with S’mores on Skubitz Plaza, 6-10pm each night
• Live Nativity by Bethel Church, 1st St. & Scott Ave., 5:30-8:30pm each night
• Pictures with Santa, Be the Light Boutique, Fri. 5-8pm, Sat. 12-2pm & 5-8pm
• Historical Trolley Tours from the Chamber & Visitor’s Center, Fri. 11am-2pm, Sat. 10am-2pm
Friday-only events include:
• Outdoor Movies at Lowell Milken Park, 6pm until over
• Live Music by Holly Crays 6:30-7:30pm & Morgan Rohr 8-9pm, Heritage Pavilion, 1st & Main St.
• Christmas Karaoke at Sharky’s North Pole Pop-up Christmas Bar (3rd floor), 9pm-1am
Saturday-only events include:
• Gingerbread House Making Contest, Brickstreet BBQ, 10am
• Candy Land Adventure, Museum of Creativity, 10am-4pm
• Christmas Paint Party at Pizza Republic, 1-3pm
• Christmas Cookie Decorating and Storytime, Hedgehog.INK!, 2pm
• Chili Feed by FSPD & FSFD, Empress Event Center, 5:30-8pm
• Bourbon County Revival live band, Empress Event Center, 6-8pm
• Late-night SINGO, Memorial Hall, 8-11pm
Sunday-only events include:
• Cohn’s Cafe Holiday Family Style Brunch, 10am-2pm, reservations strongly recommended, call or text 620-418-6209
• Floral Centerpiece Making Class by Sunshine Boutique, 1pm
Be sure and look for the Christmas cutouts throughout
Downtown for photo opportunities with your friends and family, being made by Mike & Danyell Miles.
The Fort Scott Area Chamber of Commerce and City of Fort Scott express sincere thanks to ALL the sponsors, volunteers,
and staff who are making this event possible, including:
Event Chairperson and Chamber Board Member, Diane Striler
Chamber President & CEO, Lindsay Madison
Communications & Events Coordinator Emily Clayton
Locals and visitors are encouraged to make plans to enjoy this
FUN weekend on the bricks of the Downtown Historic District!
Contact the Fort Scott Area Chamber of Commerce at
(620) 223-3566 or [email protected]
for questions or more information.