Chamber Announces Downtown Fall Fest
The Fort Scott Area Chamber of Commerce announces a Downtown Fall Fest late-night shopping event featuring horse-drawn hayrack rides, live music, drawings and more will take place Thursday, September 21st from 5 pm to 8 pm in the Downtown Historic District.
Stores will have festive offerings such as pumpkin snacks, hot cider, and a pumpkin passport to submit for a chance to win a Chamber Bucks gift certificate. Participating retailers include Angie Dawn’s Boutique, Barbed Wire and Roses Vintage Market, Bids & Dibs, Brickstreet BBQ, Flint + Fray, Hedgehog.INK! Bookstore, Iron Star Antiques & Such, Laree + Co, Museum of Creativity, Papa Don’s Pizza, Sunshine Boutique, The Artificers, and The Beauty Lounge.
Special activities planned by participating stores and Chamber include the following:
- Horse-drawn hayrack rides will be offered complimentary by Steve and Marci Williams starting at the Depot parking lot at Wall and Scott Streets. The trailer holds 20-24 people at a time and each ride will take a 15-20 minute loop around Downtown.
- The Fort Scott High School Orchestra will play from 6-7pm at the Lowell Milken Center Unsung Heroes Park.
- Angie Dawn’s Boutique will have a “guess the number of candy corn” to win a $50 gift certificate.
- Bids & Dibs will have a fall photo backdrop and sponsor a scarecrow art contest for children.
- Brickstreet BBQ will have DJ Brown and The Bourbon County Revival performing live on their patio from 5pm-8pm.
- Museum of Creativity will have a fall-themed cookie decoration table for $1 per person plus horse-drawn hayrack rides starting at the Depot across from the Chamber.
The Artificers will have hot spiced cider along with a drawing for a certificate to attend their “Harvest Pumpkin Class”.
- The Wagon Roadies will be selling pumpkins at Wall and Main Streets.
The Chamber also announces a Scarecrow Contest is underway with the deadline to turn in entries of September 20th. Key Industries is sponsoring the contest with gift certificates for the top three individual or family entries, and the top business winner will receive one dozen logoed shirts and bragging rights for the year. More details on the contest may be found on the Chamber’s Facebook page or fortscott.com.
Downtown Fall Fest offers fun for all to get out and support local while taking in the season, finding some great deals, and seeing what’s new in apparel and holiday décor.
Contact the Chamber of Commerce at (620) 223-3566 for more information.