FORT SCOTT CITY COMMISSION
FORT SCOTT CITY HALL
123 SOUTH MAIN
NOVEMBER 5, 2019
I. ROLL CALL:
ADAMSON BARTELSMEYER MITCHELL NICHOLS PARKER
II. FLAG SALUTE
III. INVOCATION: Pastor Michael Apfel, Trinity Lutheran Church
V. CONSENT AGENDA:
A. Approval of minutes of the regular meeting of October 15th, 2019.
B. Approval of Appropriation Ordinance 1249-A totaling $391,129.40.
C. Parade Permit – Veteran’s Day Parade – November 9th, 2019.
D. Consideration of Resolution No. 23-2019 – Support for a Moderate Income Housing Grant with the Kansas Housing Resources Corporation.
E. Approval of Change Order #1 – Request Proposals 2 through 6 – River Intake and Dam Project – Credit of $49,350.10.
VI. APPEARANCE/COMMENTS/PUBLIC HEARING:
APPEARANCE: Brian Allen, President, H.P.A.
B. CITIZEN COMMENTS (Concerning Items Not on Agenda – 3 minute limit per citizen)
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS/COMMENTS: None
1. Consideration of appointments to Lake Fort Scott Advisory Board
2. Consideration of KCAMP board member appointments
3. Consideration of Resolution No. 24-2019 determining the advisability of issuing taxable Industrial Revenue Bonds.
4. Consideration of Water Rate Increase – Ordinance No. 3551
5. Consideration of Wastewater Rate Increase – Ordinance No. 3552
6. Consideration of Storm Water Rate Increase – Ordinance No. 3553
7. Consideration of award of low bid for Water Treatment Plant Clarifier painting and sand blasting
- Director Updates: Robert Uhler
- City Manager:
I MOVE THAT THE CITY COMMISSION RECESS INTO EXECUTIVE
SESSION FOR ________________________________ IN ORDER TO
(see below justification)
DISCUSS ______________________________________. THE
EXECUTIVE SESSION WILL BE ___________ MINUTES AND THE OPEN
MEETING TO RESUME AT ________________.
Justifications for Executive Sessions:
Personnel matters of non-elected personnel
Consultation with an attorney for the body or agency which would be deemed privileged in the attorney-client relationship
Matters relating to employer-employee negotiations whether or not in consultation with the representative or representatives of the body or agency
Confidential data relating to financial affairs or trade secrets of corporations, partnerships, trusts and individual proprietorships
Preliminary discussions relating to the acquisition of real property
IX. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT: ROLL CALL