The “Friends” of Fort Scott National Historic Site cordially invite you to the Veterans Day Weekend 1800s Grand Ball
Saturday, November 9, 2019
7:00 to 10:30 PM.
At Historic Memorial Hall, 1 E 3rd Street, Fort Scott, KS.
Doors open at 6 PM
The Grand March begins promptly at 7 PM.
1800s Period Music will be selected from the best CD’s available.
Dress: 1800s Period Dress Highly Encouraged OR Semi-Formal Party Wear OR Military Uniforms
Gloves are required and will be available. Long trains, spike heels, hobnails/heel-plates, spurs/
swords/side-arms, pipes/cigars/chewing tobacco, and liquor are prohibited.
Dressing rooms are available.
Sweet and Savory refreshments will be served.
Tickets: General Public- $20 in advance/$25 at the door per person
or two for $30 in advance/$40 at the door; Friends members- $15 in advance/$20 at the door;
Students with ID- $10; and Children 12 & Under/Dance Observers- $5.
All proceeds go to the Friends of Fort Scott National Historic Site.
Tickets will be available at the Fort Scott Chamber of Commerce, 231 E. Wall Street, 620-223-3566
(Cash/Check/Credit) or by mail.
A Free Dance Class will be held on Saturday, November 9, from 10-1 at Memorial Hall.
Street clothes, please.
For Information contact Dee at: 913-557-1632 or 913-269-1632 or
Find us on Facebook at:
Fort Scott KS 1800s Dancing
And Events at
1800s Grand Ball.
For Information about Veterans Day
Weekend in Fort Scott go to: www.fortscott.com/events
The ball is only one part of the celebration for Veterans Day Weekend in Fort Scott.
Along with the 1800s period dancing and music, the ball will honor all veterans and current military personnel.
All funds raised at the Grand Ball will go to support the activities of the Friends of Fort Scott NHS.
The Friends provide support to the national historic site in a variety of ways, such as assisting with educational activities and programs for all ages as well as providing refreshments for special events.
Veterans Day Weekend activities in Fort Scott are listed below.
Friday, November 8 –
- The Lowell Milken Center will be offering a free gift to any veteran who comes to the center, 10-5, 1 South Main, Fort Scott
- Welcome Reception for all Veterans held at the VFW from 5-7 pm, 1745 S. National Ave, Fort Scott
- The Missourians Gospel Quartet, 7 pm, a special concert honoring veterans at Memorial Hall, 1 E 3rd Street, Fort Scott
Saturday, November 9 –
- The Lowell Milken Center will be offering a free gift to any veteran who comes to the center, 10-4, 1 South Main, Fort Scott
- 1800s Period dance lessons, 10 am – 1 pm, free, street clothes, at Memorial Hall (updated location), 1 E 3rd Street, Fort Scott
- Parade Honoring Veterans, Downtown Fort Scott, 3 pm
- Free Veterans Photos after the parade until 6 pm at the Nazarene Church, 1728 Horton St., Fort Scott
- 1800s Grand Ball, Memorial Hall, doors open at 6:00 pm, Dancing from 7 – 10:30 pm, 1 E 3rd Street, Fort Scott
Sunday, November 10 –
- Church Service honoring Veterans, 9 am & 10:45 am, Community Christian Church, 1919 Horton St., Fort Scott
- Brent Giddens, Elvis Impersonator Concert, 6 pm, Memorial Hall, 1 E 3rd Street, Fort Scott
Monday, November 11 –
- National Cemetery Services, 11 am, 900 E. National Ave., Fort Scott
- Veterans Day Lunch, 12 pm, VFW Post #1165, 1745 S. National Ave., Fort Scott (Free will Donations)