Fort Scott, KS
Last Thursday, March 26th, the Fort Scott Area Chamber of Commerce celebrated 135 years and held their Annual Dinner and Awards Celebration at the Liberty Theater in downtown Fort Scott. There were plenty of activities throughout the evening.
Kicking off with a silent auction and social kept the hundreds of guests busy while dinner was being prepared and served. After dinner, outstanding community members were presented awards for their leadership and contributions to the community:
- Agri-Business of the Year: Miller Feed & Oil Inc.
- Business Person of the Year: Dave Martin
- Young Professional of the Year: Heather Griffith
- Business of the Year: Firstsource Solutions USA
- New Business of the Year: Common Ground Coffee Co.
- Community Spirit Award: Craig Campbell
- Not an award – but recognized Outgoing chairman of the board, Barb Albright
- Mayor’s Award – Beth Nuss
- Keystone Award – Steve & Elaine Buerge (selected by the Chamber Board of Directors)
This wouldn’t have been possible without generous support of the community sponsors. Please click here to see the full program and sponsors. Following the awards, the evening was concluded with a live auction.
For more information about Fort Scott Area Chamber of Commerce:
231 East Wall Street
Fort Scott, KS 66701