The 101st Fort Scott Kiwanis Pancake Feed is March 1 from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and then again from 4-6:30 p.m. at the First United Methodist Church, Third, and National Avenue.
It is a pick-up meal, with cars asked to come in from Fourth Street to the driveway in front of the church.
The cost is $5 per person with children under five free.
The club members will deliver to groups with 10 meals or more orders.
Call 620.224-9067 for the delivery service.
The meal includes two pancakes with butter and syrup and a sausage patty.
Kiwanis International is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to improving the world one child and one community at a time, according to information from John Crain, President.
“The club has 25 members, and we would love to have more,” he said.
The group meets on Tuesdays at noon for lunch at First Presbyterian Church, 308 S. Crawford, Fort Scott.
Crain listed some of the Kiwanis projects last year:
- Repaired and applied deck stain to picnic tables in Gunn Park, and the bridge on its first lake
- Decorated a shelter house for Christmas in the Park
- Trimmed low hanging trees for the school bus passage
- Helped with the Downtown Clean Sweep
- Will be planting trees across town this spring
Some of the organizations and activities they have donated to last year:
- Sponsor students to Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership Seminar
- Sponsor students to Boy’s State
- Fort Scott Leadership
- $4,000 for high school scholarships
- Fort Scott Middle School Project Art
- Hedgehog Inc Book Project
- USD-234 In-Need Fund for all schools
- USD-234 Grade School Reading Projects
- Fort Scott High School Cheer
- FSHS Save our Seniors
- FSHS After Prom
- Wreaths Across America