FORT SCOTT COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Minutes of the Board of Trustees Training
May 20, 2019
PRESENT: John Bartelsmeyer, Jim Fewins, Bernita Hill, Dana McKenney, Liz Meyer, and Robert Nelson
ALSO PRESENT: Alysia Johnston, President, Julie Eichenberger, Acting Board Clerk, faculty, staff, and community members.
Chairman John Bartelsmeyer called the meeting to order at 5:32 pm. The meeting was opened with the Pledge of Allegiance.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC: Community member Richard Clark spoke about his desire to have FSCC start a flight school.
COMMENTS FROM THE CHAIR: Chairman Bartelsmeyer stated that FSCC offers of 40 fields of study, with over 70 courses guaranteed to transfer to any Kansas college or university.
MUSIC PROGRAM UPDATE: Music Instructor Seth Ernst presented an update of the Music Program’s activities over the past year. He also shared videos of recent performances.
CONSENT AGENDA: A motion was made by Hill, seconded by McKenney, and carried by unanimous vote to approve the consent agenda.
- A motion was made by Fewins, seconded by McKenney, and carried by unanimous vote to approve disposal of culled library books as proposed.
- A motion was made by Nelson, seconded by Hill, and carried by unanimous vote to approve the resolution in regard to non-renewal of a non-tenured teacher’s contract.
- A motion was made by Meyer, seconded by McKenney, and carried by unanimous vote to approve the purchase of the Hovercam Pilot 3 Plus systems and the necessary accessories from PCM-G for $17,128.00.
- A motion was made by Fewins, seconded by Meyer, and carried by unanimous vote to approve the proposal submitted by SG360 for $131,852.40 for the dorm cleaning contract.
- A motion was made by Fewins, seconded by Nelson, and carried by unanimous vote to accept the quote from 06Env for approval for removal of the multipurpose floor in Arnold Arena.
ITEMS FOR REVIEW:
Letters of appreciation and correspondence were reviewed by the Board.
- ADMINISTRATIVE UPDATES: The Board reviewed and heard reports from the Miami County Campus, Student Services, Instruction Office, Finance and Operations, and the President.
ADJOURNMENT: There being no further business to come before the Trustees, a motion to adjourn was made at 6:58 p.m. by Nelson, seconded by Hill, and carried by unanimous vote.