There will be a Fort Scott City Commission Work Session on Monday, May 15th, 6:00 PM at City Hall regarding Advisory Boards.
NOTICE OF AND AGENDA FOR REGULAR
MEETING OF FORT SCOTT CITY COMMISSION
CITY HALL COMMISSION ROOM – 123 SOUTH MAIN ST.
May 16, 2023 – 6:00 P.M.
- Roll Call:
- Jones T. VanHoecke E. Woellhof K. Harrington M. Wells
- Flag Salute:
III. Invocation: M. Wells
- National Nursing Home Week – May 14-20, 2023
- Approval of Agenda:
- Consent Agenda:
- Approval of minutes of the regular meeting of May 2, 2023
- Approval of Appropriation Ordinance 1336-A – $799,127.78
- April Financials
VII. Public Comment:
Sign up required. Comments on any topic not on agenda and limited to five (5) minutes per person, at Commission discretion.
VIII. Old Business:
- Consideration of Reno-Dry Contract for Memorial Hall -– Michael Clancy
- Consideration of Lagoon Aeration Proposal – Phase II – J. Dickman –
tabled from 5/2/2023 meeting – not ready.
- Youth Activities Team (Y.A.T.) 1311 S. National going to auction, tabled
from 5/2/2023 meeting – J. Jones
- Consideration of Ordinance -Vacancy in Commission Revision for 2023
- Tourism Update: J. Tough
- Business Retention – REDI
- Justin Pregont regarding the Van Fossen Apartment Project:
Consideration of Resolution No. 9-2023 – A RESOLUTION OF SUPPORT FOR THE SUBMISSION OF THE MODERATE-INCOME HOUSING GRANT APPLICATION FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF CERTAIN HOUSING WITHIN THE CITY OF FORT SCOTT, KANSAS TO ACCOMPANY THE GRANT APPLICATION TO THE KANSAS HOUSING RESOURCES CORPORATION
- Consideration of Application for Parade Permit – Good Ol’ Days Festival Annual Parade “Back to the Bricks with Family, Friends and Fun”: Lindsay Madison applying. All requests will be the same as last year so she will not appear.
- Public Hearing: NONE
- New Business:
- Split Case Pump for WTP – S. Flater
- Consideration of Park Advisory Board’s unanimous recommendation to fill vacancy with candidate Kimberly Young.
- Consideration of Acquisition of Land for Economic Development and Construction of a Manufacturing Plant – M. Wells
- Consideration of Approval of Boundary Survey for 37+/- Acre Parcel and Certificate of Survey of a 20-Acre Parcel Split out from boundary for the Acquisition of Land for Economic Development and Construction of a Manufacturing Plant to be completed by Earles Engineering & Inspection, Inc. $5,000.00 – M. Wells
- Establishment of a Rural Housing Incentive District (RHID) – M. Wells
XII. Reports and Comments:
- City Manager Comments:
- Engineering Comments:
- Commissioners Comments:
- VanHoecke –
- Woellhof –
- Harrington –
- Jones –
- Wells –
- City Attorney Comments:
XIII. Executive Session – If requested, (please follow script in all motions for Executive Sessions)