The Fort Scott City Commission will meet this evening at 6 p.m. at city hall, 123 S. Main Street.
On the agenda:
A. Approval of minutes of the regular meeting of December 19th, 2017.
B. Approval of Appropriation Ordinance 1206-A totaling $407,293.46.
C. Resolution 1-2018 designating the official City newspaper.
D. Resolution 2-2018 designating the official City depositories for public
E. Certificate of Appropriateness – Proposed changes to building and
signage at 2 N. Main Street
VI. REORGANIZATION OF CITY COMMISSION AND ELECTION OF
MAYOR, COMMISSION PRESIDENT, B.C.E.D.C.I.
REPRESENTATIVE, AND FORT SCOTT HOUSING AUTHORITY
a. Swearing in of new Commissioners
b. Election of Mayor
c. Election of Commission President
d. Election of Bourbon County Economic Development Council
e. Election of Fort Scott Housing Authority Delegate
VI. APPEARANCE/COMMENTS/PUBLIC HEARING:
B. CITIZEN COMMENTS (Concerning Items Not on Agenda – 3 minute
limit per citizen)
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS/COMMENTS: None
1. Approval of Fort Scott Plumbing Board reappointments – 3 year
2. Approval of Fort Scott Electrical Board reappointments – 3 year
A. Director Updates:
C. City Attorney:
D. Director of Finance:
E. City Manager:
Justifications for Executive Sessions:
• Personnel matters of non-elected personnel
• Consultation with an attorney for the body or agency which would be
deemed privileged in the attorney-client relationship
• Matters relating to employer-employee negotiations whether or not in
consultation with the representative or representatives of the body or
• Confidential data relating to financial affairs or trade secrets of
corporations, partnerships, trusts and individual proprietorships
• Preliminary discussions relating to the acquisition of real property
IV. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT: ROLL CALL