NEWS RELEASE from the City of Fort Scott
August 24, 2020: Regarding the Union Block building the City reviewed its records and has determined the following:
1) The Commission appropriately proclaimed the use of the City’s economic development funds in support of economic development projects as a public purpose.
2) The City Commission recognized the Union Block Building as a project deserving of the City’s economic development programs and services, and authorized expenditures.
3) All expenditures toward the Union Block Building were authorized and paid by funds allocated by the Commission for the public purposes for which they were authorized.
4) All payments on the Union Block Building were properly paid and accounted for in the normal course of business. Requests for payment were supported by invoices or other documents certifying that the funds were for the Union Block Building project and for purposes approved by the Commission.
5) No funds under any Commission-approved program were intended or required to be repaid by the developer, owner, or contractor(s) of the Union Block Building.
The City encourages and supports economic development in the City, including the preservation and redevelopment of its many historic properties.
Inquiries on the City’s economic development programs should be directed to the City’s Economic Development Director, Rachel Pruitt (email@example.com).
Follow up on the Union Block Building can be addressed to the City Attorney (firstname.lastname@example.org )
Taken from the City of Fort Scott Facebook page