A message from the SEK Multi-County Health Department on Home COVID Tests Through U.S. Postal Service.
- How do I do the test? Please refer to the instructions and read ALL the instructions before attempting to do the test.
- My test kit was outside in the cold. Is it still good? Refer to the package instructions.
- My test kits are bad, how do I get another one? We are unsure if replacements are available. Refer to testing sites or those handing out test kits.
- Do I have to report the results to someone? No reporting is not required, refer to this link for isolation and quarantine guidance: https://www.coronavirus.kdheks.gov/DocumentCenter/View/134/Isolation–Quarantine-Guidance-and-FAQs-PDF—021522?bidId=
- We used our test kits earlier but are exposed again, how do we get more? The limit is 4 per household at this time. Refer to the isolation and quarantine link above.
- My test says positive, but the control didn’t work, what does that mean? If the control doesn’t work, then the test MAY not be accurate. Retest is needed.
- I’m not comfortable doing the test, can I bring it in and have you help? No, this is a home test kit.
- Can I use this kit to test my child? There will be a section in the instructions that has “limitations” and it should say if it’s not appropriate for certain groups.