Fort Scott Community College’s (FSCC) track team has hit the ground running with 8 national qualifying athletes. This program has been buried deep in the archives since the 1940’s, but has been reconstructed and coming in hot! Head Coach, Philip Redrick spent his first year recruiting across the nation to find the best of the best.
“My team is young but we are learning how to run in college and how to compete at the highest level we are not done we should have about 5 more kids make it to nationals”, says Redrick.
The eight that are locked in for nationals is as follows:
- Jordan Joyner 60 meters- Qualified at the Missouri Southern meet
- Tre Buchanan 400 and 4by400-Qualified at the Pittsburg State meet
- Jarvis Miles 400 and 4by400- Qualified at the Pittsburg State meet
- Rico DeBoest 4by4- Qualified at the University of Kansas meet
- Eric Jordan 4by4- Qualified at the University of Kansas meet
- Russell Mitchell 60h- Qualified at the Missouri Southern meet
- Josauni Swisher 60 meters- Qualified at the University of Kansas meet
- Brandon Hunt 4by400- Qualified at the University of Kansas meet
The FSCC Track Team is just getting started in their season and are doing great; on the track and in the classroom!
For a full list of the meets coming up, check out https://www.fsgreyhounds.com/sports/mtrack/2019-20/schedule