Susan Quick is a Democrat running for Bourbon County Treasurer in the upcoming election. Here are a few interview questions with her answers.
1. Please tell readers a little bit about yourself and your background.
I have lived in Bourbon Co most of my life and graduated from Uniontown High School. I am married for 44 yrs and we have 2 daughters and two great grandsons. I am a member of the Bethel Community Church.
2. Why are you running for office?
I want to continue working for Bourbon County.
3. What do you feel is the single most important issue facing the county?
Bourbon County needs new businesses & jobs, this would help ease the tax burden on the property owners. Single family property owners cannot solely bear the weight of the increasing taxes.
4. Why do you think you are a better choice for voters than the incumbent? (If you are the incumbent, why do you think you are a better choice than others who are running?)
I have experience of 21 years in this office. I have performed every duty in the Treasurer’s Office.
5. What is the single most important skill you would bring to the office?
Efficiency & constantly work to operate the office within the budget.
6. If elected, what would your top priority be during your first 90 days?
To collect the first half of the 2012 property taxes and work on the January, 2013 distribution, which usually totals more than a million dollars.
7. Health insurance is one of the fastest growing expenses the county is facing. What are some ways you’d recommend the county deal with this issue?
Bourbon County currently has a good health insurance to offer it’s employees. I feel this is a good incentive to keep our good employees.