The Fort Scott American Legion was gifted a mobility scooter with a vehicle wheelchair lift with the requirement that they be given to an area Veteran.
I have had some interest in these two items, but it was concluded that due to its large size, the mobility scooter would not work well in an assisted living environment plus the inquiring parties did not have an interest in the lift.
While the mobility scooter and lift will be given to a Veteran, there are a few conditions prior to taking possession of the scooter and lift.
- Proof of the Veteran’s service and identity are required.
- Both the wheelchair and lift go together as a matched set.
- It is the responsibility of the Veteran to pick up both the wheelchair and lift and have the lift installed on a vehicle.
- The wheelchair and lift are “on loan” to the Veteran and must be returned to the Fort Scott American Legion in good working order when the Veteran no longer needs them.
- If it is determined that the Veteran is not the primary user of the electric scooter and lift, they must be returned to the American Legion in good working order.
Photographs of the mobility scooter and wheelchair lift are attached.
If you know of a Veteran who needs a mobility scooter with vehicle lift, please ask them to contact American Legion Post 25 Commander Carl Jowers at 620-215-1688.