Since taking over operations of the medical clinic from Mercy Hospital earlier this year, the Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas has been working to add more doctors’ services.
The following doctors have recently been added or added more days available in the Fort Scott clinic.
Dr. Alicia Pino, D. O. is a board-certified pediatrician and holds medical privileges from Ascension Via Christi Hospital, Pittsburg.
Dr. Holly Gault, M.D. is a board-certified family physician with obstetrics and has medical privileges at Ascension Via Christi Hospital, Pittsburg.
“They aren’t really new,” Krista Postai, CEO and president of CHCSEK said of the two doctors. “Dr. Gault, a family physician, has been with us for more than three years in Pittsburg and lives near Arcadia so is actually closer to Ft. Scott. She has been seeing patients there one day a week and is increasing to two.”
“Dr. Pino joined us this summer; she is a board-certified pediatrician and is currently seeing patients one day a week in Fort Scott. She also sees newborns at Via Christi Ascension and patients in Pittsburg three days a week.”
“We thought it would be more convenient for those Bourbon County women delivering in Pittsburg to have both these doctors more available for follow up visits,” she said.
Dr. Grant Hartman, a Fort Scott Chiropractor officially joins CHCSEK this month and, beginning in January, will provide chiropractic services at their clinics in both Pittsburg and Fort Scott, Postai said.
Dr. Bashar Marji is the latest addition of specialists added, Postai said. Marji is a cardiology specialist who will come to Fort Scott one Friday each month.
The following are the specialists currently in Fort Scott, with their frequency:
- Cardiology – Dr. Markham (HCA) – the first, third and fourth Thursday of each month;
- Urology – Dr. Tawil – every Thursday;
- Orthopedics – Greg King, APRN (Freeman) – every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday;
- Surgery – Dr. Hall (Allen County Regional Hospital) – Thursday afternoons, Friday all-day of every week;
- Cardiology – Renae Bateman, APRN (Mercy) – every Monday;
- Cardiovascular Surgery – the combination of Dr. Meyer/Dr. Brown/Pam Darnell, APRN/Amanda Lumpkins, APRN/Paige Palmer, APRN (all Mercy) – First and Third Friday of every month;
- Cardiology – Dr. Marji – one Friday each month
New Clinic Building In Process
The move to build a new clinic on the Horton Street side of the former Mercy Hospital in on-going, Postai said.
Currently, CHCSEK is finalizing the donation of land from Mercy Hospital, she said. Additionally, they are working on the design of the new building.
“We are looking at eight acres including the helipad,” Postai said. “We expect to have that done very shortly and are looking at a groundbreaking in the spring.”