Transportation Alternatives Program call for projects
Topeka – The Kansas Department of Transportation announces the Transportation Alternatives (TA) Program call for 2020 projects.
KDOT’s TA Program provides funding for a variety of alternative transportation projects. These projects include, but are not limited to, the construction of pedestrian and bicycle facilities; infrastructure for non-driver access to public transportation; projects that enhance safety and mobility for pedestrians, bicyclists and transit riders; projects that improve scenic or environmental assets in the state and Safe Routes to School projects.
An estimated $7 million in federal funds are expected to be awarded for Federal Fiscal Year 2020. All selected projects are required to meet a minimum 20 percent local cash match.
- Wednesday, June 13 – TA Program website was live with program guidance materials and application form – http://www.ksdot.org/bureaus/burtransplan/TransAlt.asp
- Friday, July 6, 4 p.m. – Deadline to participate in TA Program Workshops – KDOT will host two workshops to inform applicants about program requirements, review a demo application packet and changes from previous rounds of TA funding and answer questions. Space is limited – contact Matt Messina at Matthew.Messina@ks.gov or (785) 296-7448 by the deadline and select one of the workshop times below:
- Topeka: Tuesday, July 10 – 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. – TA Workshop at Eisenhower State Office Building’s 4th-floor auditorium, 700 SW Harrison, Topeka.
- Salina: Wednesday, July 11 – 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. – TA Workshop at KDOT’s District Two conference room, 1006 N. Third, Salina.
- Monday, Sept. 10, 4 p.m. – Applications are due. Submit one paper copy and one digital copy in PDF format on a USB flash drive to KDOT headquarters: Attn: Matthew Messina, 700 SW Harrison St. 2nd Floor, Topeka, KS 66603.
- October – November – KDOT staff will conduct site visits for eligible projects.
- December – Project selections and public announcement of awards.
Program materials, which includes the TA Program Guide, the project application form, frequently asked questions with answers and more are available for download at http://www.ksdot.org/bureaus/burtransplan/TransAlt.asp