Date: April 21, 2020
Time: 4:30 P.M.
RE: FSCC novel coronavirus, COVID-19 update
We continue to assess, respond, and comply with guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 for the benefit of our campus community. With this in mind, we have decided to move the June 2020 summer school session from face-to-face classes to an online format, with the exception of our John Deere Technician Training program. John Deere Technician Training students will meet face-to face at the John Deere Tech building for summer 2020. Every precaution will be taken, including; social distancing, hand sanitizing, etc., to mitigate the possible spread of COVID-19. If you have questions concerning summer school, your schedule, or would like to schedule an appointment to enroll please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Fort Scott Community College students who are currently enrolled for the Spring 2020 semester may qualify for COVID-19 emergency relief funds. The Federal CARES Act may provide students with emergency financial aid grants to help cover expenses related to the disruption of campus operations and ensure students are able to continue their education. To apply for FSCC Emergency Relief funds please submit the application at: FSCC COVID-19 Student Emergency Relief Grant Application
If you have any questions regarding the FSCC COVID-19 Student Emergency Relief Grant, please contact us at email@example.com.
Below are several items we would like everyone to be aware of:
- June Summer school classes will be moved from face-to-face to an online format (with the exception of John Deere Technician Training)
- Current FSCC Spring 2020 students may apply for Emergency Relief Funds at: FSCC COVID-19 Student Emergency Relief Grant Application
- The last day for withdrawals has moved from May 1 to May 8.
- Enrollment is open. Please encourage students to contact advising to schedule an appointment to enroll firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online tutoring will be available for students via Zoom or email. Please contact Susan Benson at email@example.com for any tutoring needs.
- Students desiring to setup a payment plan for an outstanding balance, need to access their Gizmo account and click the link located in the “Account Balance Information” section.
- We are developing a plan to recognize graduates from this spring at a special fall commencement ceremony. More information regarding this will be released at a later date.
- Craw-Kan is providing free wi-fi to locations in our region. Here is a link to the map https://ckt.net/hotspots/
All Courses Online
ALL FSCC courses will be online for the remainder of the semester. This includes all technical courses/programs taught at CTEC, Construction Trades at La Harpe, Fort Scott John Deere/Welding, Harley-Davidson in Frontenac, Allied Health/Nursing at Burke Street, and Welding, Construction Trades, Criminal Justice, and Allied Health/Nursing in Miami County. All courses (including general education) will resume in the online format beginning March 30th.
For students without readily available internet access, please contact your local area internet service and cellular service providers. Many companies are working with students during this time to ensure access to internet services. If this is unsuccessful, please contact Janet Fancher (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Adam Borth (email@example.com).
The Bookstore, Library, Computer Labs, and Student Success Center will be closed until at least April 26, 2020 when the stay-at-home order is lifted.
Advising and Enrollment:
Fall enrollment will open March 30, and advising will be assisting students via phone appointments and email. To schedule an appointment please contact via email:
· Russ Souza (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· Ashley Keylon (email@example.com)
· Quentin Choice (firstname.lastname@example.org)
You may call 620.223.2700, ext. 3630 and leave a detailed message, including name, student ID (if applicable), and contact information.
We want to make sure everyone stays safe and healthy! We will continue to comply with local and state guidelines/orders. We will also continue to keep everyone updated on any changes we have to scheduling, campus access, etc.
Stay safe and healthy,
Alysia Johnston, FSCC President