Submitted by Lindsay Madison, Executive Director
The Fort Scott Area Chamber of Commerce will be hosting a Job Fair on Thursday, April 20, 2017, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Ellis Fine Arts Center on the campus of Fort Scott Community College, 2108 S. Horton St.
Fort Scott employers currently registered to attend include the City of Fort Scott; Firstsource Solutions, Kansas Department for Children and Families; Medicalodges Fort Scott; Niece Products; Peerless Products; Sleep Inn & Suites Hotel; Tri-Valley Developmental Services. Elnicki, Inc. of Pittsburg is also registered as well as KANSASWORKS.
Positions employers will be hiring for are include those shown below:
- City of Fort Scott: Full-time Waste Water Collections Maintenance, Part-Time Golf Course Clubhouse staff (must be 21), and Seasonal Parks Maintenance (must be 18)
- Firstsource Solutions: Insurance Claims Examiners, Call Center Reps.
- Medicalodges Fort Scott: Home health aide, CNA, CMA, RN and LPN; dietary aides, cooks
- Niece Products: Painters, Welders, Mechanics
- Sleep Inn & Suites Hotel: Front Desk 3-11pm, Breakfast Attendant for summer months, other part-time positions.
- Tri-Valley Developmental Services: Help in the Residential Program working evening and/or overnight shifts.
- Ward/Kraft, Inc.: Customer Service Rep., Sales Reps., Production Members
- Elnicki, Inc.: Diesel Mechanic, Welders, CDL Drivers, Heavy Equipment Operators, Laborers. All local and home every night.
Job seekers are encouraged to dress for success, bring copies of a resume, and be prepared to connect with employers. Attendees may enter a drawing for a door prize of $50 in Chamber Bucks that may be used at over 40 Chamber member businesses. Contact the Chamber for more information on having an employer booth at 620-223- 3566 or email email@example.com.