Kansas Department of Health and Environment
Find My Vaccine
We’ve moved to VaccineFinder
- Find nearby COVID-19 vaccine providers
- Identify who has vaccines on hand via daily updates
- View contact information
Many vaccine providers in Kansas have been added to the tool and more will be added as they become available. Click the ‘Find Vaccines‘ button to access VaccineFinder in English or haz clic para español.
Am I eligible to receive a vaccine?
Kansas is currently in Phase 5. Learn more about Vaccine Prioritization while federal supply is low. The COVID-19 vaccine is free and no insurance is required. Vaccine providers are permitted to charge an administration fee, but cannot deny a vaccine based on inability to pay.
How do I get my vaccine?
If you are eligible and you see a location near you on VaccineFinder, please contact the vaccine provider to confirm the following:
- Location-specific eligibility. Not all providers are vaccinating all priority groups.
- Vaccine availability. Are first doses available?
- Location & Hours
- Follow the provider’s instructions to schedule an appointment or confirm walk-in availability. Please do not go to a vaccine provider without an appointment, unless the provider has explicitly invited walk-ins.
Some providers have the ability to schedule appointments online.
What if there isn’t a provider listed in my area?
Vaccine is being delivered to all 105 Kansas counties, but not all providers may be listed on VaccineFinder at this time. If you do not see an active location in your area — and you are included in the current Phase — ask your local health department how to access the vaccine. See the weekly vaccine allocations for each county on the Vaccine Dashboard.
Should I keep taking COVID-19 precautions after I am vaccinated?
YES, the vaccine’s effects on transmission rate are still unknown. Please continue to wear a mask, maintain physical distance, stay home if you are sick and wash or sanitize your hands regularly. Find more FAQs.