The following links are from the Bourbon County Sheriff’s Office.
They are detailed reports of arrests and inmate status, as of January 10, 2018
The Fort Scott City Commission will meet this evening at 6 p.m. at city hall, 123 S. Main Street.
On the agenda:
A. Approval of minutes of the regular meeting of December 19th, 2017.
B. Approval of Appropriation Ordinance 1206-A totaling $407,293.46.
C. Resolution 1-2018 designating the official City newspaper.
D. Resolution 2-2018 designating the official City depositories for public
E. Certificate of Appropriateness – Proposed changes to building and
signage at 2 N. Main Street
VI. REORGANIZATION OF CITY COMMISSION AND ELECTION OF
MAYOR, COMMISSION PRESIDENT, B.C.E.D.C.I.
REPRESENTATIVE, AND FORT SCOTT HOUSING AUTHORITY
a. Swearing in of new Commissioners
b. Election of Mayor
c. Election of Commission President
d. Election of Bourbon County Economic Development Council
e. Election of Fort Scott Housing Authority Delegate
VI. APPEARANCE/COMMENTS/PUBLIC HEARING:
B. CITIZEN COMMENTS (Concerning Items Not on Agenda – 3 minute
limit per citizen)
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS/COMMENTS: None
1. Approval of Fort Scott Plumbing Board reappointments – 3 year
2. Approval of Fort Scott Electrical Board reappointments – 3 year
A. Director Updates:
C. City Attorney:
D. Director of Finance:
E. City Manager:
Justifications for Executive Sessions:
• Personnel matters of non-elected personnel
• Consultation with an attorney for the body or agency which would be
deemed privileged in the attorney-client relationship
• Matters relating to employer-employee negotiations whether or not in
consultation with the representative or representatives of the body or
• Confidential data relating to financial affairs or trade secrets of
corporations, partnerships, trusts and individual proprietorships
• Preliminary discussions relating to the acquisition of real property
IV. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT: ROLL CALL
Barbara Ritter is the winner of the Sunshine Boutique Gift Basket after being randomly selected from FortScott.Biz subscribers. A big thank you to Sunshine Boutique for sponsoring the giveaway!
The Bourbon County Commission meets at 9 a.m. on Tuesdays at the county courthouse, 210 S. National Ave.
The agenda for December 12, 2017:
9-9:45 a.m.-Jim Harris
9 a.m.-City State Bank – John Hill-Financing paperwork for the Mack Dump Truck
9:45-10:15 a.m.- Commissioners consider and take action on any and all question regarding the law enforcement project
10:30-10:45 a.m.-Bobby Reed-Budget
11-11:30 a.m.-Justin Meeks
11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.-Jail Progress Meeting
1:45-2 p.m.-Clint Anderson
2:30 p.m.-Employee handbook
1st District Commissioner is Lynne Oharah; 2nd District-Jeff Fischer; 3rd District-Nick Ruhl and the County Clerk-Kendell Mason
Justifications for Executive Session:
· Personnel matters of individual non-elected personnel
· Consultation with an attorney for the body or agency which would be deemed privileged in the attorney-client relationship
· Matters relating to employer-employee negotiations whether or not in consultation with the representative(s) of the body or agency
· Confidential data relating to financial affairs or trade secrets of corporations, partnerships, trusts and individual proprietorships
· Preliminary discussions relating to the acquisition of real property
· Matters relating to the security of a public body or agency, public building or facility or the information system of a public body or agency, if the discussion of such matters at an open meeting would jeopardize the security of such public body, agency, building, facility or information system
|This compilation provided by the Fort Scott Chamber of Commerce
Improv Comedy Troupe by FSHS Thespians, Common Ground, 7-9pm, Join us for a night of laughs as the Fort Scott High School Thespian Improv Troupe performs comedy sketches created on the spot using audience suggestions. A $5 donation is requested as admission.
|8||Bourbon County CASA fundraising event, 7-9pm, home of Crystal Mason and Elaine Kirby. Contact is Christa Horn, 620-215-2769.|
|8||Theology on Tap, Beaux Arts Centre, 7pm. First Presbyterian Invites you to Experience Theology on Tap. “Beer (Wine) and Carols” All are welcome! Bring an appetizer or beverage of your choice.|
|9||Christmas at BRCC, 735 Scott Ave., Secret Santa Rummage Sale, proceeds go to Adopt-A-Family, 8am-2pm, by donation unless marked. Biscuits & gravy in the morning, hamburger vegetable soup for lunch or supper – items served all day.|
|9||KS Rocks Recreation Park Wheeling 4 Toys Sponsored by the Brush Beaters Jeep Club. This great event collects toys for underprivileged children n the area. pre-registration includes shirts, meals and dash plaques. A great way to start off your Holiday Season. Closed to open riding.|
|9||“The Ugly Sweater Tasting” at East Side Liquor, 1516 E. Wall St., starting at 11am, tasting of some local wines and new whiskeys.|
|9-10||FSHS Thespians “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” performance. Performances at 2 and 7pm on Dec 9. Performance at 2pm on Dec 10. Click HERE for more info.|
|9||Lowell Milken Center for Unsung Heroes Book Reading & Signing. Join the author Cathy Werling for a reading of her first book in a new children’s book series, “Why Did Grandpa Cry?” Readings at 10am & 11am with signing to follow each reading. There will also be 2 different drawings. One for a free book, and one for a lunch with the author! This event is FREE to the public.
Click HERE for more details.